Graceling

Graceling - Kristin Cashore Amazing. I am so excited about this book. I was a little hesitant at first because it was the first book of the new year and I wanted to be good about reading a balance of good books and fun books but I digress. I loved that Katsa was such a strong female character who had alot of internal debate that she worked through. She didn't blindly rush into anything and didn't hand herself over to the first guy who said hello to her. I loved that Po was insightful and his ability to help Katsa grow as a person and didn't just blabber on about how he loved her. He pushed her and she pushed him back. The plot and action was well paced and I really enjoyed that the ending wasn't tied up in a nice neat bow. It was rewarding to finish with Katsa's confidence in herself and her future of training other girls to be strong. Also that Po and Katsa's relationship wasn't taking over their lives. They created one that worked for them and not the pre-defined standards put out by society. The author blurp did note that she grew up in NePA so it was nice to see a local author do good. I can't wait for the prequel and I can't wait for Bitterblue. It's one of the first books in a long time that has me missing the characters after I finished it.